A kitchen remodel is a big deal—not something to be approached rashly. So before you even visit a showroom or meet with a pro, Read our expert advice on creating the cook space you’ve always coveted.
Make Cents Out of Your Remodel
Worth the Splurge
1) Second sink Place it outside of the main cooking and cleanup zone so that a second chef can prep food, wash hands for dinner, or bartend during parties.
2) Paneled cabinet ends These decorative panels, which are essentially oversize doors fixed to any exposed sides of cabinets, give your kitchen a custom-built, furniture-like look.
3) Full-extension, soft-close drawer glides Installed under or on the sides of a drawer, they allow it to pull completely out of the cabinet so that you can reach everything inside. Plus, they eliminate slamming.
Not Worth the Splurge
1) Glazed, distressed, and crackled finishes These can increase cabinet costs by as much as 30 percent and can start to look dated as trends change.
2) Pot filler It does make filling the pasta pot easier, but it doesn’t help with the far worse task of carting boiling water to the sink when your fettuccine is done.
3) Wine fridge Do you really need 18 bottles of Pinot within arms reach and kept at precisely 55 degrees?
Read the rest here at thisoldhouse.com
Speak Your Mind